Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What Do You Love About You?

Let us be full of ourselves momentarily...you know...MORE so than normal.  We spend great amounts of time here in the weight loss community...okay hell...in the world...talking about what we DON'T like about ourselves or what we want to change.  So I thought I would make a list, and challenge you to do the same.  You can do it on your blog (if you have one), or in the comments here if you don't. 

Here are the rules:

1.  There are no rules.

You don't have to have a minimum number or a maximum number of things you love (although some of us do suffer from a multitude of attention disorders, so keep that in mind), and your list can be shallow or deep. This is a list of what you love about YOU...not what you love about your life.

Here is my list:

Things Amy Loves About Amy

The way I walk.
I am strong (physically...perhaps questionable as it applies to emotionally)
I make people laugh and smile.
People come to my office just to sit and visit, to destress or share.
I can waterski.
I wear my heart on my sleeve.
I still care about making my mom happy (I mean...I didn't say I was GOOD at it).
I love animals.
I don't kill spiders.
I am a good listener.
I am a good talker.
I love with all I've got.
I'm a bad liar.
I can cook.
I am a good present giver.
The curve of my hips.
My smile.
My toes.
The area of my body right below my bra line, to which we will refer to as: the skinny zone.
My ability to write in a way people want to read.
I want a buffet of food right now.

Okay, that last one had nothing to do with what I love about me...it just had to be said.

It's funny. It was hard to make that list!  I ran out of things to say I loved after about 6 things...is that sad?  I rallied though!

Your turn.

10 comments:

  1. I've been trying to do a blog for a few weeks and have been so bored with myself that I can't bear to bore others, but THIS, I can do!! Love the idea. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to cook and I love my toes. But I kill spiders but only because some hysterical person is screaming in my face. And I want a buffet of food too. Hope juicing is going well. And good on you for focusing on what is right with ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, and thanks for the inspiration - have posted and referenced you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love This Post! And Stacey and Clinton would be ALL OVER that skinny zone. Perfect...why don't they just call it that? ;-) Going to do this for my blog also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this and needed this and am doing it for myself right now!

    ReplyDelete