Monday, September 24, 2012

Dirty In All The Right Places

Enough bemoaning my weight.  Two things are coming up.  First...this weekend...we are going to be participating in our first "mud run".  Several of you have done a mud run.  They are popping up all over and we have signed up for one over in Alabama called the "Delta Dash".  It's a 3-4 mile course with 14 obstacles....through the woods or something.  Whatever.  I am down for it.  There is a posse of about 12 of us caravanning that way early Saturday morning.  Surely, if nothing else, it will provide you, me, and my facebook with some good pictures.

THE next race we have signed up for is the big one.  We have been talking about it for over a year and Heather actually paid and locked us in. It's the Tough Mudder in Jacksonville, Florida...May 18th, 2013.  I AM SO EXCITED.  For those of you who don't know what the Tough Mudder is, it really is the mother of all mudders.  It is 10-12 miles long, and meant to be ran/completed as a team.  You can help each other.  The obstacles are for real.  For example:

The Arctic Enema

 
The Boa Constrictor
Hanging Tough
Underwater
 
And there are many more...running through electric wires, crawling through holes...a half pipe that is oiled up, walls, ropes.
 
We had to buy insurance.  We had to sign a death waver.  It's badass and I wish it was tomorrow. 
 
Maybe I should see if I can get through this weekend first eh?

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that scares me just looking at the pictures! I know you've got this though...and the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this post had so much potential, but you took it some place I wasn't expecting it to go. :) I hope you have fun and do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack that looks terrifying. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Tough Mudder is hardcore! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done a couple mud runs but you rock my world for signing up for the Tough Mudder. It's for real. Can't wait to read about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! I've got a Warrior Dash in October (3.3 miles, 12 obstacles) and I'm scared! Can't imagine one that long. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete